Wine 101 – Virtual Series!
We are thrilled to announce our Wine 101 series with Sommelier Meghan Vergara & La Costa Wine Co. Owner Michelle Velcheck!
Wine 101 is a fun & instructional virtual tasting experience led by two experienced wine pros with an in depth perspective on all facets of the wine world. We will taste “benchmark” wines while enhancing your knowledge & palate in a fun and relaxed format of a Master Class style forum.
Wine knowledge is based on the three pillars of understanding of place, grape & winemaking techniques that influence style and flavor. With this class we will extensively explore how each pillar comes together to elevate the world of wine. We will learn enhanced tasting skills and terminology that will bring your wine knowledge and confidence to the next level.
Thursdays at 6pm
July 31th through August 20th
What you will you get:
- Fabulous selection 3 curated wines each week - cheese pairing option available!
- 1 hour of private class time via Zoom with 2 wine experts.
- Enhanced wine skills in tasting, analyzing, food pairing and enjoyment of wine from around the world.
- Interactive format with plenty of time for questions & comments
How it Works
Every week pick up your specially curated three pack of wine at La Costa Wine Co by Wednesday afternoon and log in to your private Zoom class with Meghan & Michelle weekly on Thursday evening at 6:00pm PST. We will lead you through an educational & fun series of 4 classes per week – a month long wonderful wine adventure!
Meghan Vergara’s credentials:
Certified Sommelier with 17 years of experience spanning nearly every aspect of the wine business. Meghan is an experienced speaker & educator, business owner and enthusiastic wine lover. Meghan & Michelle have partnered on several successful events and are thrilled to finally present our Wine 101 series!
- 17 years as a Certified Sommelier
- Featured on Somm TV
- Featured in Somm Journal
- Recommendations based on excellent reputation
- Received the Women of the Wine Spirits Award (sponsored by EJ Gallo)
- Proven track record of successful events & speaking engagements
- Trained in world class wine markets by top industry pros
- Prepared virtual course material