Meghan’s Thanksgiving Wine Buying Guide
Welcome and thank you for stopping by! Below I have compiled a list of some of the best wines I’ve tried recently that will pair perfectly with all of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- Sparkling wine at a great price is always a nice way to start a meal, especially one as important as Thanksgiving! This sparkling wine comes from Southern France and is made with 60% Chardonnay, 30% Chenin Blanc and 10% Mauzac grapes. It is light and refreshing with honeyed citrus notes and has a lovely off dry (or slightly sweet) finish. Thanksgiving pairing suggestion: Pear and Goat Cheese Crostini.
Craggy Range ‘Te Muna Road’ Sauvignon Blanc, Martinborough, New Zealand, 2016 – $19.99 – Wine.com
- This crisp and dry Sauvignon Blanc really exhibits the best of New Zealand. It offers racy citrus notes of meyer lemon and tart melon finishing beautifully with hints of fresh cut grass. This wine manages to be both clean feeling as well as full and satiating which makes it one of my personal favorites. Pair with Mixed Green Salad with walnuts, cranberries and a champagne vinaigrette.
- Riesling can often be a misunderstand variety but please don’t miss out on this steal of a wine. Good Riesling can be some of the best wine in the world, especially with food! It is bright and vibrant with the classic white peach fruit and floral, flinty minerality that is so delicious! This wine is fantastic for the price and will be a crowd pleaser for the non wine drinkers and extremely wine savvy alike. It is an excellent match for Butternut Squash soup and Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables.
- Pinot Noir is a classic Thanksgiving Day pairing. It goes with Turkey and many of the classic Thanksgiving day side dishes. This is a delicious and well made Pinot Noir for a nice price considering it comes from a great (and typically more expensive) area of Sonoma County! This wine drinks like it’s double the price. It serves up ripe dark fruits on the nose with rich cherry fruit on the palate. Medium body, silky Pinot Noir with velvety tannins and a smooth, lingering finish. This wine will be a hit for many of the diverse palates at your table! Pair with grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto or stuffed mushrooms for appetizer and light meat Turkey and Roasted Brussel Sprouts for the main course.
- This luscious and tasty wine is a great price and will impress even your most wine savvy guests! It is a medium to full bodied Red Blend from the South of France that is a mix of Syrah, Grenache and Mouvedre grapes. This wine showcases rich plum and cassis notes from the Syrah and Grenache and then balances out nicely mid palate and offers a just a slight hint of a peppery and playfully smoky finish. A good wine to enjoy with Smoked Turkey or Prime Rib!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!